Friday, March 28, 2014

Journey to York

  After a long and tiring journey north, through the snow and cold and the carriage getting stuck more than a half dozen times to I have made it to York only a few days ago and not by choice. *Sighs deeply* Yes, this was Sir Guy's choice of exile for me. I am surprised he did not send me to a convent, but that may be only a matter of time. Instead, it seems that he has set me up in a smaller house in York, with dear Brigid, servant and at heart a member of my family since my earliest awareness.

  I do not know what will become of me, but I want my fate in my own hands and not in Guy's, so I am of the mind that it would be wise of me to look into making our way south to Poitiers during the spring. However, that would mean going around Nottingham or through it neither one is a safe choice. Now if it can be done, I would like to make a return visit home to Eiru. There will not be much left, but it still would be nice to see home again.



No comments: